Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Day one of the Master Cleanse...UPDATED

So, this is day one of my Master Cleanse diet! I feel incredible and it's past 4 pm already. I got up at 6 am so I've been up for a bit now. I've been drinking tons of water and am halfway through my lemonade. The lemonade is not that bad actually. I think I put just a little too much cayenne pepper in my mix today though, so tomorrow I will add a lot less.

My energy level is something I was really worried about because I have two kids under the age of four and I need to be able to keep up with them. As far as that goes, I feel like I may even have more energy than usual, believe it or not. Which says a lot about what I'm eating every day and how it's affecting me because I don't feel super tired today. I don't feel grumpy and I haven't had my "afternoon crash."

I have been watching videos of people that have done the Master Cleanse and I now think I want to do it for more than ten days, which is the minimum amount of days that is recommended. The maximum amount of days you should do it for is forty days. My goal though is to do the ten days and if I feel good and think I can do more, I will do another ten days. So, basically I will take this ten days at a time, if and until I get to forty days.

Something that I find amazing is that I have not had one single craving today. I haven't even really thought about food. Usually I'm so obsessive about what I'm eating and how much I'm eating and when I'm eating...and well, you get the point. But not today. The only time I even remembered I can't eat food was when I was peeling a clementine for Mela and almost went for a bite without even thinking about it.

I realized just a couple of hours ago that I'm feeling a lot like I felt when I went vegan over two years ago (I'm vegan probably half the time now, always a vegetarian). It's not the feeling I get when I go on a diet. Instead I just feel like it's what I need to do right now, and somehow my mind is set. So, it makes it a lot easier for me.

I will post about day two tomorrow. Wish me luck!


UPDATE-10:00 pm
I made it through my first day! I feel so great about finishing strong tonight. I finished my lemonade at about 6 pm and I just drank my herbal laxative tea. I'm so happy I was able to stay on the cleanse because I know that if I was able to do it today, tomorrow is going to be okay and now I know I'm strong enough to do it.

I feel most proud about being able to control the food around me, instead of having food control me. That is something that I have always struggled with. Because of that, I went through bouts of eating disorders as a teen and I never want to go through that again.

Day one...check!

2 comments:

  1. Good for you! I'm so curious about this now. I've never done a total cleanse, but have just done a raw food diet for a couple days here and there. Can't wait to see how it goes! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jamie! I'm hoping to write every day about it so I'll keep ya updated!

    ReplyDelete