Thursday, June 24, 2010

More sleep, dear Lord



The kids in our house wake up early. Really early. 5 am or a little later. Always. I'm serious. I know this is normal sometimes when you have a newborn or a baby. But I don't have either one of those in my house anymore. So last night, the hubby could tell I was exhausted. He hugged me, and said a prayer and in it, he asked for the kids to wake up at 8am so they could let mommy sleep. We both sort of laughed when he was done. I said something like, oh wouldn't that be awesome. So off to bed I went at almost midnight.

And the next thing I know, Mela is opening my bedroom door.
The sun looks way brighter than it usually does when she wakes up.
I search for my phone. Find it. Push a button to light it up.
And do you know what time it was?

7:48am

I laughed thinking of last night.
As I think that's pretty darn close.

1 comment:

  1. It's the little things like this that remind me that God knows me personally & loves me! I'm so glad you got some extra sleep.

    ReplyDelete