Wednesday, July 22, 2009

I wish she was here

My son knew Grandma Rosa was coming to visit us about one month before she was to come. That was probably a mistake on my part because he asked every single day if she was here yet. The first few days he asked it was cute but then I started feeling really bad that every day I had to say that no, she was not coming yet. Eventually, my mom did come though and because her flight came in at midnight, we left Mela with Grandma K, and my hubby and I took little John to the airport.



I love the connection my mom and my son share. It is something that amazes me. They are apart so many months a year and still, when they see each other, it is as if they see each other every day.

I know you can hardly see John's head in this picture but I love his face so here it is.

He couldn't say enough to Grandma Rosa, he was so excited.

This picture made me realize just how big John is.
P.S. He dressed himself that night which explains the long sleeve shirt and orange shorts. He loves those orange shorts.


Grandma Rosa came bearing gifts. My son was so happy about that enormous, talking, singing, Spiderman. We were very entertained on the two hour drive home.


Mom, I wish you were here.
I miss you so much.
But we're doing okay and look forward to seeing you soon!

3 comments:

  1. Your kids are so, so lucky to have her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly how you (and your kids) feel! Hooray for Grandmas coming to visit on airplanes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. we have lived 12 hours from our grand kids their whole lives for the last 6 months we have lived 25 min. away. sis our 7 year old granddaughter asked a couple of weeks ago... gramee are you ever going to live any closer to us.. i just about died laughing.. it was so funny!

    ReplyDelete