Thursday, March 12, 2009

I didn't want to say anything

But I think it's a sure thing now.



Emelia has started walking. Yes, finally. It happened Sunday afternoon. We were just hanging out watching TV, the BYU channel, of course (wink, wink), when she just let go of the bed and started walking towards Daddy. We FREAKED out. We clapped and said things like, "Good job Mela!" and "YAY!" Is it weird that we were that excited? No, it's not. Poor little child of yours if you didn't act like a circus when they started walking, is what I always say.

For me it's great because she weighs 23lbs. That's a lot to carry on my hip(like at the mall, when she screams in the stroller). And for John, well it's just something else his precious little girl has accomplished. I'm not jealous, really.

Why am I just blogging about this now, you ask? Well, she took some steps back when she was nine months old. But only like, she let go of the coffee table and took two steps to the couch and then never walked again, kind of steps. This is the real thing. She just gets up to walk around now. So it's safe to say,
Mela is walking.
You go girl.
Love, Mommy, Daddy, and your brother.

No comments:

Post a Comment