Friday, September 24, 2010

Estes Park, wish we were still there with you





















This past Saturday, on a whim, we decided to go to the mountains just for a day. Estes Park in particular because my husbands only been trying to take me there since we started dating way back in 2003.

I would go there again, like tomorrow, because the beautiful drive up there alone would be so worth it. Even the kids were holding hands (instead of fighting which is what usually happens in our backseat) and in complete awe of what the mountains look like, how they make you feel. They are so majestic, so peaceful. I haven't been up there in a really long time. So glad we got to go.

We mostly just walked around and played and dipped our toes in creeks and watched people be happy and petted lots of dogs and ate ice cream cones that were so yummy and I took pictures, of course. It was such a good day. And those are so very welcomed right now.

In one week, we will be in Pennsylvania. I can feel the excitement that comes when a long awaited trip is just around the corner. We will get to be at grandma and papa's house in the woods. And my kids will play with their cousins and I will hold babies that I don't get to see or cuddle usually. My husband will finally hug his mama, whom he misses so terribly. I will surely chat it up with my mother-in-law till the wee hours of the morning, at least once. Hopefully more than that. We will sleep at night and not hear cars honking or people's music bumping and no street lights will shine thru the windows. There's a full house at grandma's right now and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a tad bit nervous about how all our little ones will play and mesh and share together. But in my heart I know every thing will be just fine. Awesome, at that.

We can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment